[Paraview] Animation crashes

Amy Squillacote amy.squillacote at kitware.com
Tue Nov 8 08:47:53 EST 2005

Hi Mary,

Is the "Cache Geometry" check box marked (assuming the "Play Mode" is
set to "Sequence")?  If it is, then try unchecking it and saving out
your animation again.  When that checkbox is on, then ParaView tries
to keep a copy of your geometry at each time step in memory.  If you
have several time steps and non-trivial data, this can be more than
will fit in memory, which would cause ParaView to crash.