[Paraview] Adding a Reader

Dave Semeraro semeraro at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Nov 4 17:46:26 EST 2005

Hello again,

I was able to figure out how to create a new reader for paraview. The problem I
described in my previous message went away when I used the correct
vtkTypeMacro. I am able to use the new reader to get data into paraview and
do a few things with it.

One thing that does not seem to work is the ExtractGrid filter. When I try to
use this filter with my data the VOI min and max values are all large
negative numbers. My reader creates a structured points data set. How does
the ExtractGrid filter get
the data extents from the upstream data source in paraview? I have looked
at other
reader code in paraview like the plot3d reader and there does not seem to
be any
special magic that I can find.

Thanks,
Dave