[Paraview] Re: ParaView volume rendering?

Wylie, Brian bnwylie at sandia.gov
Thu Mar 31 16:02:08 EST 2005

All,

The only constraint on the volume rendering is unstructured grid. The current mappers will automatically tetralhedralize if necessary and you can render cell centered data as well (I believe Moreland added that a few months ago). Also if you have structured data you can do the silly thing of running the 'Tetrahedralize' filter on it and then of course you'll have unstructured data... :)

The whole "...not competing with VolView..." is an issue that I'm not going to touch with a ten foot pole. :)

Also be aware that the volume rendering in ParaView is very much a work in progress, upcoming versions will have parallel, faster, higher quality techniques that Kitware and Sandia (and Utah for that matter) are currently working on.

Brian Wylie - Org 9227
Sandia National Laboratories
MS 0822 - Building 880/A1-J
(505)844-2238 FAX(505)845-0833