[Paraview] Re: ParaView volume rendering

Dr. Daniel James White PhD dan at chalkie.org.uk
Thu Mar 31 03:44:21 EST 2005

Hi Amy,

Seems rather odd....
why not just use the VTK volume renderers on
the usual kinds of data like structured grids and image stacks...?

Why only unstructured grids?

Dan

On 30 Mar 2005, at 20:00, paraview-request at paraview.org wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> ParaView only handles unstructured volume rendering, so your data must
> be
> an unstructured grid for ParaView to volume render it.  It must also be
> composed only of tetrahedral cells and contain a point-centered scalar
> (single-component) array.
>
> - Amy
>
> At 08:53 AM 3/30/2005, Dr. Daniel James White PhD wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I loaded some volume data, a .vtk file into  paraview2,
>> and I want to volume render it.
>>
>> I can only see the iso surface method in the GUI,
>>
>> Can I do proper volume rendering with ray casting and or texture
>> mapping?
>>
>> cheers
>> Dan

Dr. Daniel James White BSc. (Hons.) PhD
Bioimaging Coordinator
Nanoscience Centre and
Department of Biological and Environmental science
Division of Molecular Recognition
Ambiotica C242
PO Box  35
University of Jyväskylä