[Paraview] pvtr file format

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Mar 30 07:58:17 EST 2005

Felix Wolfheimer wrote:
> Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately ParaView doesn't display
> the dataset correct even when I change the files as you suggested. Apart
> from that I don't understand, how this should work. When I specify two
> pieces one with the extend "1 2 1 2 1 2" and the other with extend "2 3
> 1 2 1 2" it seems to me as if the point with index 2 in x-direction is
> duplicated. In which datafile should the point data for this point be or
> should both datafiles contain the data for this point?

They have to have the same data for the duplicate points.  The idea is
that if the two files are loaded on different machines without shared
memory they need to have valid boundary conditions to achieve a
consisent computation.

 > By the way:
> ParaView doesn't show a error message, when it reads the files (with and
> without the changes)

There should be a little red exclamation point in the lower right hand
corner when an error occurs.  Clicking on it should bring up the messages.

-Brad