[Paraview] Polyhedron Cells

Brian Dotson Brian.Dotson at netl.doe.gov
Mon Mar 28 13:23:14 EST 2005

Hi all,

I am working with a group of folks that are developing computational
fluid dynamics (CFD) software.  They plan on using an unstructured grid
with polyhedron cells.  We have done some preliminary tests by creating
unstructured grids with polyhedron (ConvexPointSet) cells in the vtk
file format.  This method works, but when the cell counts are large, it
can take minutes for Paraview to load the data.  I tried the same data
that was meshed with tetrahedrons and it loaded within a few seconds.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can speed the load time up when

Thanks in advance,

Brian Dotson
National Energy Technology Laboratory