[Paraview] IRIX64 64bit parallel build success!

Gage, Kenneth gagekl at upmc.edu
Tue Jun 28 18:50:27 EDT 2005

Dear list members -

I was finally able to get a good (99% of tests passed) 64bit parallel build of ParaView under IRIX64. For the other newbies out there, my procedure was as follows:

Download CMake from CVS (this seemed to be the critical step)
Set the following environmental vars
 CXX=CC
 CC=c99
 CXXFLAGS=-64
 CFLAGS=-64 -LANG:std=ON
 FFLAGS=-64
 LDFLAGS=-64
Export the environmental vars and run ./boostrap
gmake && gmake install

This produces a 64bit cmake and ccmake - the curses lib was found automagically.

I then downloaded paraview from CVS (I still had the environmental vars set), performed an out-of-source build with ccmake and turned on VTK_USE_PARALLEL and VTK_USE_MPI; all 64bit libs were found properly. gmake and gmake test showed 99% of the test passing, with the last two volrendering tests failing. It's not perfect but better than what I was getting, thats for sure.

I hope this is of use to someone else out there; If anyone has any comments or suggestions, please let me know and I'll try to get something final posted in the WIKI next week.  Thanks to all who helped me on this, especially Berk Geveci - I'm sorry it took so long with so many messages.

All the best -
Ken

Kenneth Gage
MD-PhD Student
McGowan Institute for Regenerative Medicine
University of Pittsburgh
228 MCGOWN
3025 East Carson Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15203-2155