[Paraview] Re: dead Keyboard in paraView

Giovanni Pavolini pavolo_74 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 26 21:06:51 EDT 2005

> 3 machine (kernel 2.6.11-1.27_FC3 with gnome). The
> program runs well, except by the keyboard, which is
> totally unresponsive in paraview (no key works: not
> even bakcspace / delete keys; neither do
> short-cuts).

Finally solved the problem, after killing htt_xbe
(http://packages.debian.org/unstable/text/iiimf-htt-xbe.html),
an implementation of the IIIM (for those of you who
need to change input methods: asian languages, etc).
Once I killed that process, I was able to start typing
into paraView's text boxes.

Not only that, but also the time that paraView spends
opening was significantly shortened (before it used to
take a lot of time in the splash screen).

For future reference: the process that is causing the
problem in Fedora (and likely in Debian also) is
htt_xbe; in SuSE it is scim (I got that in the
OpenFoam forum).

Cheers!
G.P.