[Paraview] Paraview on Aix

eugenec eugenec at ualberta.ca
Tue Jun 21 16:54:55 EDT 2005

Hello,

I just tried installing the latest build of paraview (2.0.2) on an IBM p690
machine running AIX 5.2 and ran into some problems.
After configuring ccmake, and trying to make, we got the following error:

Error 0031-808: Hostfile or pool must be used to request node.

Also, in place of MPI we are trying to use POE, and tried changing the ccmake
parameters to that fact.

Has anyone else managed to get Paraview to run successfully on AIX? Any
guidelines or tips that we should try to get this up and running? Thanks alot.

Eugene Chan