[Paraview] Anyone have a successful IRIX64 build?

Gage, Kenneth gagekl at upmc.edu
Mon Jun 20 17:32:23 EDT 2005

Berk -

I ran the tests you suggested;

* Does <ParaviewBuildDir>/Utilities/TclTk/tcl8.4.5/unix/tclsh run?
Yes - I'm not familiar with Tcl/Tk but a prompt comes up and I was able to query help and exit without a problem. Is there any other functionality I should test at the prompt?

* What happends when you do a ctest -E ParaView where ctest is in the same place as cmake.
Most of the tests pass - here is the summary
89% tests passed, 7 tests failed out of 64

The following tests FAILED:
         53 - TestSetObjectMacro-PVServer-Common (Failed)
         54 - TestSetObjectMacro-PVServer-Filters (Failed)
         55 - TestSetObjectMacro-PVServer-ServerManager (Failed)
         57 - TestSetObjectMacro-KWWidgets (Failed)
         61 - TestSetGet-PVBatch (Failed)
         62 - PVLocal (Failed)
         64 - TestSetObjectMacro-PVGUI-Client (Failed)

When I first ran ctest I forgot to include the -E option and some of the pvclient and pvbatch tests ran; These almost all terminated with errors and generated the following alerts in the console -

ALERT: Process [pvclient] 373627 generated trap, but has signal 11 held or ignored
        epc 0xd9fc8c8 ra 0xd9fc6ac badvaddr 0x1539be88
        process has been terminated to prevent infinite loop

* What happens if you run pvserver?
Running pvserver with no options generates the following...
/opt/bin/pvserver
Listen on port: 11111
Waiting for client...

pvserver waits for a response idefinitely.

Thanks for your help and guidance; Any comments and/or suggestions are welcome.

All the best -
Ken