[Paraview] Trying to Compile ParaView on Mac OS X

Joseph Gorse gorse at mps.ohio-state.edu
Mon Jun 20 00:12:41 EDT 2005

It looks like it's getting confused on that symbol.  The linking
command in the log prior to this should shed some light on the issue,
such as multiple linking to a library or two different libraries,
like the old libgcc.a format library and the newer, more easily
confused, dynamically linked library libgcc_s.dylib (which is
probably /usr/lib/libgcc_s.1.0.dylib or similar in disguise).

It's been a while since I built 2.0.2 but try turning off dynamically
linked libraries in configuration if you can.  Sure your binaries
will be 50 megabytes, but at least then we can rule out dynamic
library hell as a source of issues.

Cheers,
Joe