[Paraview] Memory consumption

Jan Linnenkohl linnenkohl at slf.ch
Thu Jun 16 08:59:28 EDT 2005

Hello,

I just looked at the memory consumption of ParaView. I use a 120MB
microCT-File as input (size 400*400*400, 16bit, fileformat pvd). Then I
do the following steps: Loading data, median filter, treshold surface
(pvclient, pvserver(2), ParaViewCVS version).
I hoped, when I run on 2 machines, that the memory consumption is half
of the size on each machine, than when I use only one machine (with the
processing time this works fine). But it is nearly the same size.
So what is the reason for this? Do I need special input data, to
minimize memory consumption?

Jan