[Paraview] Problems mit Offline-Rendering (Mesa)

Jan Linnenkohl linnenkohl at slf.ch
Mon Jun 13 04:26:54 EDT 2005

Hello,

I had some problems with the offline-rendering. On the machines I used,
I didn't have the opportunity to login locally with an X-Server. Because
of this, I tried to use the mesa option to render offline. On the client
I want to render onscreen (therefore I build two versions, one with Mesa
and without Mesa support).

So I followed the build instruction on
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_OpenGL. I tried the mangled mesa and the
pure mesa way. With both I get the following interupt of the program
listed on the end of this email.

So why do he try to use a X server connection? I thought he should take
the mesa rendering. Where is my mistake?

I use the following things: ParaView CVS Version, MPI 2.01, Mesa 6.2.1

Thanks Jan

_________________________

 ./mpdrun -n 2 ~/lib/paraview-cvs/ParaView/build/bin/pvserver
--use-offscreen-rendering
Listen on port: 11111
Waiting for client...
connected to port 11111
Client connected.
Xlib: No protocol specified

Process id: 1 >> ERROR: In
/home/linnenko/lib/paraview-cvs/ParaView/VTK/Rendering/vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx, line 326
vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow (0x808a668): Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused
by serverXlib: No protocol specified

bad X server connection.

Process id: 1 >> ERROR: In
/home/linnenko/lib/paraview-cvs/ParaView/VTK/Rendering/vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx, line 169
vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow (0x808a668): bad X server connection.

rank 1 in job 18  grid25.slf.local_50294   caused collective abort of
all ranks
  exit status of rank 1: killed by signal 11