Fwd: [Paraview] Can Use Cell Data to Color Cut of Unstr Grid in 2.0.2?

Amy Squillacote amy.squillacote at kitware.com
Thu Jun 9 10:31:10 EDT 2005

I have not been able to reproduce this behavior on the 2.0.2 release.  I
can color an implicit cut plane using cell data in both 2.0.1 and
2.0.2.  You can download 2.0.1 from our web site at
http://www.paraview.org/files/v2.0/.

Are you coloring by a cell scalar array or a cell vector array?  If it's a
vector array, the default is to color by the vector magnitude, and if all
the vectors had the same magnitude, then the plane would be all the same color.

- Amy

PS  Is it possible for you to either send us your data or a small sample
data set that demonstrates this behavior?  It would also be helpful if you
sent us a trace or session file from your ParaView session when you see
this problem.