[Paraview] AMR reader - a few questions

Jean M. Favre jfavre at cscs.ch
Thu Jun 9 03:52:46 EDT 2005

Randy Hudson wrote:

> I use the contour and cutting filters right now on the vtkUnstructuredGrid output of my current reader.
> 1)  Will I be able to apply those to the AMR structure?
> 2)  Will I also be able to do clipping, streamlines of vector data, data probing and volume rendering?

I have an AMR reader for an in-house format based on HDF5. The reader is
 compatible with the current ParaView nightly (thanks to some tips by
Berk Geveci).

My experience is that clipping, contouring and cutting work well across
levels and across multiple grids, although you might still have some
cracks at level boundaries. Streamlines don't work because the
StreamTracer does not cross grid boundaries (Bug #1819).

> For my current reader, paraview keeps track of multiple scalar variables that are attributes of the same grid.
> 1)  Will the same happen with the AMR structure, or must I take care of that myself?

don't quite understand yuor question...

Jean
--
Dr. Jean M. Favre,                            email:favre @ cscs.ch