[Paraview] Re: Re: Problem running Parrallel ParaView (Jan Linnenkohl)

Jan Linnenkohl linnenkohl at slf.ch
Mon Jun 6 09:54:53 EDT 2005

Hello Amy,

I play a little bit around, but I'm still not knowing, how to solve my
problem. I want to use the second approach.

But first one question to the first, what stands in the machine file?
What do I have to declare here?

In the second approach I can use multiple computers to make the
calcutions. I use mpich 1.2.6 and try to get it run with mpirun. (But I
really don't know the way to go).
I tried the following:

ComputerII: mpirun  -machinefile machines.LINUX -np 2 pvserver

with machines.LINUX including ComputerII & Computer III

Then I start the client:

ComputerI: ./pvclient --server-host=ComputerII

Then I get the following error:

Connect to ComputerII:11111
ERROR: In
/home/linnenko/lib/paraview-2.0.1/VTK/Parallel/vtkSocketCommunicator.cxx, line 539
vtkSocketCommunicator (0x8075100): Could not send tag.

The client starts up but crashes later on...
(When I run it with -np 1 it works fine)

Bye Jan