[Paraview] Paraview 2.0.2...

Peter G Carswell pete at osc.edu
Fri Jun 3 16:44:34 EDT 2005

I have downloaded and installed paraview v. 2.0.2 and noticed, in the
bin/ directory, the added executables, pvbatch  pvclient,
pvdataserver,  pvrenderserver and pvserver. This is from the binary
distribution. I had used v. 1.8.5, again binary distribution, and was
following chapter 13, the tutorial, of _The Paraview Guide_. From
reading the section of the tutorial on running parallel, I was prepared
to compile, from the source, version 2.0.2 on a linux cluster. But, when
I noticed the pvserver executable, I wondered if version 2.0.2 binary
distribution comes compiled with the parallel feature? Or is the
recommended routine to compile from the source distribution?

Thanks for any clarification.

pete

--
Peter G. Carswell
The Ohio Supercomputer Center
pete at osc.edu
work: 614.292.1091
fax:  614.292.XXXX
"DOC NOTE, I DISSENT. A FAST NEVER PREVENTS A FATNESS. I DIET ON COD."
-Peter Hilton