[Paraview] Tecplot reader?

Jean M. Favre jfavre at cscs.ch
Wed Jun 1 16:06:34 EDT 2005

> Has anyone worked on a Tecplot file reader/converter for ParaView that
> supports multi-block format?

I have one, but it actually implements an on-line conversion from TECPLOT
ASCII multi-block to a single unstructured VTK grid. It merges points on
all the common grid boundaries. The reason I did that is because my users had
many (500+) blocks, each block being rather small (11x11x11, or 9x9x9). The
overhead in ParaView was too much. Merging while reading the blocks one after
the other was much faster. I guess you could start from that, and we could
make merging an option. R you still interested?

Jean

--
Dr. Jean M. Favre,                            email:favre @ cscs.ch
http://www.cscs.ch/about/Favre.php