[Paraview] pvbatch not working

Irene Tedjo irene.tedjo at gmx.de
Fri Jul 29 06:25:55 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm new to paraview. So far I have downloaded the source of paraview-2.0.3 and
compiled it for RedHat with cmake-2.0.6. (MPI activated)
I don't think that there is any compilation/installation error anymore and I
can also normaly start paraview, pvserver and pvclient. But I can not start
"pvbatch <something>.pvb"
I got this error message:
> ParaView error: InitializeTcl failed
> Tcl_Init error: Can't find a usable init.tcl in the following directories:
> This probably means that Tcl wasn't installed properly.

There is are two "init.tcl" in subdirectory of my <ParaviewBuildDir>, but
pvbatch somehow didn't search in these directories.

I also did some suggestion I can found in mailing list:
1. try to run <ParaviewBuildDir>/Utilities/TclTk/tcl8.4.5/unix/tclsh
    -> I don't know much about Tcl, but I got a promt and can query "exit"
2. run the test "ctest -E ParaView"
   96% tests passed, 3 tests failed out of 79
   The following tests FAILED:
         74 - otherPrint-PVBatch (Failed)
         75 - TestSetGet-PVBatch (Failed)
         76 - PVLocal (Failed)