[Paraview] paraview ran very very slowly

Roger wpfeng at 163.com
Tue Jul 19 23:08:39 EDT 2005

Hello,all!

	I got a problem to get ParaView running on 4 linux computer.
	SoftWare:
		4 same server nodes:
				Redhat 9 (kernerl version: 2.20-8),
				mpi-1.2.5.3
				ParaView-2.0.1
	HardWare:
		every node has a NVIDIA Quadro FX3000G graphcis card ,two intel XEON 3.2G cpu and 4G memory.
	4 server nodes and a winxp client node connected via a Gbytes switch

	paraview ran in c/s mode.
	I started server on node1: mpirun -np 4 pvserver
	and started client on winxp node: pvclient -sh=(node1's ip) -tdx=2 -tdy=2

    I copied the .pvd data(i=200,j=198,k=1,VARIABLES are 15, the data file size of each timestep is about 1.6M ,timestep=100)
prcessed by paraview into the same directory of every node.

    But what puzzled me is that paraview ran very very slowly.

	why?

	Thanks!

		Yours Roger