[Paraview] Quadratic elements visualisation

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Thu Jan 13 15:53:13 EST 2005

Soeren Gebbert wrote:
> Dear paraview users and developer's,
> i'm using paraview 1.8.2 and vtk-4.4 on linux and windows, and have the
> following questions:
>
> I want to add new quadratic elements (like a quadratic quad with center
> point) to vtk and i want to visualize them in vtk like in paraview with
> the "TempTessellatorFilter". But the "TempTessellatorFilter" is not a
> part of vtk and it is marked
> as temporary in paraview. So want i know if there is another way to
> visualize quadratic elements with curved surface
> in vtk 4.4 or in future versions of vtk, or is that only a feature of
> paraview which will be not implemented in vtk?

Sören,

	I'd say that this should be fairly easy to copy/paste/modify the class
vtkQuadraticQuad. As internally we are already using the center point
you are trying to add. I have seen other people from vtkusers mailing
list have attempted this solution.

	As for your second question about the fact that TessellatorFilter is
marked as Temp is because we are working on a more generic approach than
this filter. You'll find more information in VTK, especially in the
VTK/GenericFiltering subdir.

HTH
Mathieu