[Paraview] Compilation problem with Paraview 1.8.5...

Renato N. Elias rnelias at superig.com.br
Thu Feb 24 14:33:02 EST 2005

Hi all,

I've been getting some problems when trying to compile Paraview v.1.8.5 in a
Intel Itanium-2 system with Red Hat Linux Advanced server. I followed the
steps described in the compiling.html file but when I try to run the make
command I get the following error message:

Building dependencies. cmake.depends...
-- Using Buildname: Linux-c++
cmake.depends is up-to-date
/home/rnelias/tmp/build/Utilities/TclTk: building default_target Building
dependencies. cmake.depends...
cmake.depends is up-to-date
Building Utility maketcltk...
: command not founduild/Utilities/TclTk/build_tcltk.sh: line 2:
/home/rnelias/tmp/build/Utilities/TclTk/build_tcltk.sh: line 31: syntax
error: unexpected end of file
make[3]: *** [maketcltk] Error 2
make[2]: *** [default_target] Error 2
make[1]: *** [default_target_Utilities_TclTk] Error 2
make: *** [default_target] Error 2

I suppose the problem is with the shell scripts inside the Utilities/TclTK
directory because after I have changed the files with those provided in a
previous version of Paraview (1.8.3) I got success withou any problem.

Thanks in advance

Renato N. Elias

P.S: I'm using cmake cmake release 2.0.3 for ia64/linux systems.