[Paraview] Problem with command line arguments, Paraview 1.8.4 on Win XP

Amy Henderson amy.henderson at kitware.com
Mon Feb 21 13:24:56 EST 2005

What command-line arguments are you using?  If you typed an incorrect
command-line argument, this would cause ParaView to exit.  On linux, a list
of command-line arguments would be printed if you entered one not accepted
by your ParaView executable, but cygwin doesn't allow you to see this
list.  From the cygwin window, you can bring up an rxvt window (rxvt& from
the cygwin prompt), launch your favorite shell (bash, csh, etc.), and run
ParaView from the new window.  Then you should be able to see any messages
that were being printed that were not visible from the cygwin window.

- Amy