[Paraview] Error in paraview-generated code compiling paraview reader

Thompson, David C dcthomp at sandia.gov
Sun Feb 6 17:31:27 EST 2005

> I'm trying to compile a reader I've written for ParaView
> 1.8.2, and am getting an error in a source file created
> by ParaView's vtkWrapClientServer.
> class VTK_PVLocal_EXPORT vtkFlashHDF5Reader : public vtkSource {

In the next few lines, do you have
  vtkTypeRevisionMacro(vtkFlashHDF5Reader,vtkUnstructuredGridSource);
because that would confuse the client-server wrapper generator
into thinking the SafeDownCast call on line 19 of the generated
file would work (which it won't since you don't inherit
vtkUnstructuredGridSource, only vtkSource).

        David