[Paraview] Newbie, radial symmetry

don fisher dfisher at athene.as.arizona.edu
Thu Feb 3 10:32:26 EST 2005

Hello,

Everything in astronomy seems to be radially or spherically
symmetrical. I was trying to determine what format would be optimum
for this data. So far the most straightforward approach I have found
appears to be use of curvilinear (or structured grid) in the legacy
VTK file format.

I am interested in stellar interiors etc. an would be interested in
there were better approaches. My previous background has been mostly
with uniform rectilinear (pixel based) data.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks
don
|    Don Fisher				  dfisher at as.arizona.edu  |
|    Steward Observatory		  			  |
|    933 N. Cherry Ave.    		  VOICE: (520)888-7613	  |
|    University of Arizona		                          |
|    Tucson, AZ  85721                				  |