[Paraview] single file for AMR data: not PVD, not VTI, not PVTI, not VTR, maybe XMF?

Jean M. Favre jfavre at cscs.ch
Wed Feb 2 09:52:41 EST 2005

We have currently chosen the solution of using a single HDF5 file which
contains all grids of all levels for a single time step. It includes all
spacing information, grid coordinates in the hierarchy, in summary all
the meta-information which allow us to reconstruct the hierarchy inside
ParaView in a vtkHierachicalDataSet.

Consequently, we wrote our own reader to decipher the HDF5 encoding. I
am not a seasoned HDF5 expert, but I did not find that solution too
difficult to build. Our HDF5 encoding is not final. We could perhaps
converge together into an encoding acceptable for all.

Drop me a note for more details.

Jean

--
Dr. Jean M. Favre,                            email:favre @ cscs.ch