[Paraview] Local Addons for ParaView

Kent Eschenberg eschenbe at psc.edu
Thu Dec 22 12:31:41 EST 2005

We've accumulated a short list of readers and filters that we add to each
new release of PV. It would be helpful to have an automatic scheme for
compiling that picks up our local changes. I'd like to use such a scheme at
our center and make it available to our users running PV on their own
workstations.

For each addon I've built a "kit" that is self contained - it includes the
source, the xml for the GUI and server manager, an init file for CMake, and
a one-line command that runs CM to include the pieces. This works fine.

Combining several "kits" will require a small amount of extra work. For
example, the several init files for CMake must be merged.

I'd appreciate any hints, comments or examples of how its done at other
sites. If it seems like this would be generally useful I could add a
summary and an example to the Wiki pages.

Kent
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center