[Paraview] Is the ZLibCompressor working?

Dominik Szczerba domi at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Fri Dec 16 04:19:55 EST 2005

Hi,
I have a structured legacy file which I load into paraview and save as
structured pvs (xml) file. In the header of the output file there is a
tag ZLibCompressor, but the file is only twice smaller than the legacy
file. If I run gzip over the original input file, I get much more
compression. I wrote myself a simple C++ converting program and the
output is the same: ZLib mentioned in the header but very little (if
any) compression - much less than by explicit use of gzip. What is
happening?
regards,
Dominik
--