[Paraview] Re: [vtk-developers] Integrating new volume renderer into VTK/Paraview

Lisa Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Thu Dec 8 13:25:38 EST 2005

Hi Steve,

Can you send me the code? (either point me to an ftp location or I can give
you instructions for uploading files here) We'll look it over here, see
what we may need to do on the OpenGL header issues (are you using the
vtkOpenGLExtensionManager to manage the use of your extensions and get the
function pointers?) It shouldn't be too hard to get this into VTK.

For ParaView, we are currently using a 2 level LOD method with Projected
Tetras being the "fast" one always, and either no second level, or ZSweep
or the ray caster for final rendering. This would probably be different in
that we would replace PT whenever possible with this new method (as long as
the required extensions were available). We can worry about this once the
class is integrated into VTK.

Thanks,

Lisa