[Paraview] polygon offset

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 14:18:38 EST 2005

Is this what you are asking?

vtkMapper.h

  // Set/Get a global flag that controls whether coincident topology (e.g.,
  // line on top of a polygon) is shifted to avoid z-buffer resolution (and
  // hence rendering problems). If not off, there are two methods to choose
  // from. PolygonOffset uses graphics systems calls to shift polygons, but
  // does not distinguish vertices and lines from one another. ShiftZBuffer
  // remaps the z-buffer to distinguish vertices, lines, and polygons, but
  // does not always produce acceptable results. If you use the ShiftZBuffer
  // approach, you may also want to set the ResolveCoincidentTopologyZShift
  // value. (Note: not all mappers/graphics systems implement this
  // functionality.)
  static void SetResolveCoincidentTopology(int val);
  static int  GetResolveCoincidentTopology();
  static void SetResolveCoincidentTopologyToDefault();
  static void SetResolveCoincidentTopologyToOff()
    {SetResolveCoincidentTopology(VTK_RESOLVE_OFF);}
  static void SetResolveCoincidentTopologyToPolygonOffset()
    {SetResolveCoincidentTopology(VTK_RESOLVE_POLYGON_OFFSET);}
  static void SetResolveCoincidentTopologyToShiftZBuffer()
    {SetResolveCoincidentTopology(VTK_RESOLVE_SHIFT_ZBUFFER);}