[Paraview] Server Manager and Python wrapping

Andy Cedilnik andy.cedilnik at kitware.com
Tue Aug 30 08:06:52 EDT 2005

Hi Wiktor,

Wiktor Moskwa wrote:

> I've managed to make things work under Python but only without
> interaction. Do you know how to enable interactor in a render module
> proxy? (at this point method InteractiveRender() doesn't work for me)

You will need to create interaction layer on top of it. By default
ParaView ServerManager does not have code to support mouse events. You
have to do something like:

  vtkPVGenericRenderWindowInteractor* iren =
    vtkPVGenericRenderWindowInteractor::SafeDownCast(rm->GetInteractor());

and then invoke events on iren.

> My second question is how to tell vtkSMRenderModuleProxy to use my
> vtkRenderWindow?

You will have to expose the method on render module to allow setting of
window id. Look at vtkRenderWindow,
Server/ServerManager/Resources/rendering.xml and vtkSMRenderModuleProxy.

--
Andy Cedilnik
Kitware Inc.