[Paraview] DatasetTriangleFilter "creating" non-tet cells during volume visualization

Gage, Kenneth gagekl at upmc.edu
Thu Aug 18 12:56:22 EDT 2005

Will, Lisa -

Thanks for looking into this; I didn't find this in an application that I myself built but in ParaView stable and development; Does ParaView perform the cell type check you mentioned prior to calling vtkDataSetTriangleFilter before volume visualization?

The grid I have is quite fine in some areas due to the need to resolve flow accurately; could there be some merging of near-coincident nodes during the import-triangularization process that could cause "non-tet" cells to be created? Unfortunately, I don't have a simple dataset that could be an example.  The dataset I have is about 1.4 - 1.5 million tets but I could ftp it if you would like to test it on your installation. I can also try to put a small program together to see what dumps out of vtkDataSetTriangleFilter and let you know what I find.

Thanks and best regards -
Ken

Kenneth Gage
MD-PhD Student
McGowan Institute for Regenerative Medicine
University of Pittsburgh
228 MCGOWN
3025 East Carson Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15203-2155