[Paraview] Animation ... does it actually work?

Andrew Maclean a.maclean at cas.edu.au
Wed Apr 27 20:02:36 EDT 2005

I want to start off with a set of 20 surfaces and in an animation remove
them one by one. In other words, I want a peeling onion effect.

There seems to be no way of making a surface fade out (i.e. animate its
opacity). All I want to do is to set a start value for all the surfaces and
then select each surface and run its opacity from 1 to 0 over a second or
so.

I just purchased the book but what the book refers to is not in the recent
version of ParaView. The book talks about a completely different animation
control. ParaView 2.1 has a KeyFrame animation and something called
Animation tracks. But no popup help on what to do. There seems to be no way
of setting parameters dragging the sliders has no effect.

It is not a user friendly interface - it needs a lot of documentation.

Has someone done anything like this?
If so can they please give me some pointers.

Thanks
  Andrew

Andrew J. P. Maclean
Centre for Autonomous Systems