[Paraview] PV 2.0.0 - problem w/ scalar range of contour filter?

Randy Hudson hudson at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 27 11:14:52 EDT 2005

(This email describes (with one exception) results of running the paraview 2.0.0 executable I downloaded from the paraview web page, but I'm having similar problems with the paraview 2.0.0 source I'm changing with and building....)

There seems to be a problem with (at least) the "Scalar Range:" and "Scalars" widgets of the "Parameters" page of the contour filter.

All seems fine for the first isosurface I create of some data.  Assume the isovalue I've chosen is "ISO_ONE".

But, if I then select the data in the Selection Window and try to create a second isosurface of it, the "Scalars" menu contains "None", instead of the name of the 1st scalar, and the scalar range is "Invalid Data Range".  (In the paraview whose source I'm working with, the range is "<ISO_ONE> to <ISO_ONE>".

If I "Accept" the second isovalue, paraview crashes and the call stack in Visual Studio lists "VTKPATENTED" a couple times.

If this can be fixed by a simple source change, please tell me what that is so I can fix the source I'm working with, rather than downloading a new release.

Thanks.

Randy.
630 252 8690.