[Paraview] MPI support on AIX

Jarmo Pirhonen jppirhon at csc.fi
Wed Apr 13 07:48:56 EDT 2005

I am trying to use (build) ParaView with MPI support
on IBM p690, AIX 5.2. I use cmake-2.0.5, IBM compiler
xlC_r and xlc_r (VisualAge Compiler Version 6) + IBM make

I used flags like (from CMakeCache.txt)

VTK_USE_MPI:BOOL=ON
MPI_INCLUDE_PATH:PATH=/usr/lpp/ppe.poe/include
MPI_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/usr/lpp/ppe.poe/lib/libmpi_r.a
MPI_EXTRA_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/usr/lpp/ppe.poe/lib/libppe_r.a

But I do not know where to add flags like:
-binitfini:poe_remote_main

IBM MPI compiler scripts mpCC_r or mpcc_r add
the above flag but Cmake do not support
mpCC_r or mpcc_r.

I tried to build ParaView without the flag:  -binitfini:poe_remote_main
The build had no errors, but
I was NOT able to run the paraview
(with Parallel Operating Environment, poe).

I did not have problems to build and run
ParaView if I turned MPI support off
(VTK_USE_MPI:BOOL=OFF)

Any help is appreciated.
Jarmo Pirhonen