[Paraview] File format

Brian Dotson Brian.Dotson at netl.doe.gov
Thu Apr 7 07:16:20 EDT 2005

Giuseppe,

Check out the following link.  It should help.

      http://www.vtk.org/pdf/file-formats.pdf

Also look in the example and test code for the following classes.

vtkXMLUnstructuredGridWriter
vtkUnstructuredGrid
vtkHexahedron

Regards,

Brian Dotson

>>> "giuseppe_gariup at libero.it" <giuseppe_gariup at libero.it> 4/6/2005
4:39 PM >>>
Hi everybody:
I am workin with the hexaedron cell and I would like to know if there
is a proper guide to know how to write a serial format for an
unstructured grid containing these elements. I've already read the VTK
guides but I did not find a very good explanation of all the elements of
the file format (which is the order for inputting the points, what is
the size of a cell...etc.).
thanks again

giuseppe