[Paraview] New user looking for demo1.pvs

Ebert Michael P CRBE EbertMP at nswccd.navy.mil
Fri Oct 1 19:44:16 EDT 2004

I have just installed the latest stable release of paraview (1.6.3) and would like to play the demo for a visual introduction to some of the capabilities of the application.  However when I select Help->PlayDemo I get the follwoing error.

"Could not find Demo1.pvs in the installation or build directory. Please make sure that ParaView is installed properly."

I looked for the file Demo1.pvs in the paraview-1.6.3-x86-linux-files.tar file but it is not there.

Where do I get the Demo1.pvs file (and other files neccesary to play the demo) and where should they be installed so that ParaView can find them?

Thank You.

Mike Ebert