[Paraview] Saving Vertex Colors in .ply files using ParaView

Brad Howard bhoward at iastate.edu
Wed Nov 17 14:42:31 EST 2004

I am currently trying to use ParaView to decimate and save some .ply
files.  However, I can't get the ParaView option of save data to retain
vertex colors.  I even encounter this problem when I open a .ply file,
do nothing to it, and then try to save it back as a .ply file.  It still
looks fine in the view window but once I open the saved version the
color is all gone.  Does ParaView not support vertex color for .ply
models or am I doing something incorrectly?