[Paraview] Building standalone vtk within Paraview

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Wed Nov 17 13:26:07 EST 2004

What we typically do here at Kitware is have one source tree and then two
binary trees. One binary tree is for ParaView and the other ParaView tree is
for VTK. We point the VTK binary tree to the VTK subdirectory in the
ParaView source tree. That way we can make changes to the source tree and
test both ParaView and VTK. Of course this requires building both VTK and PV
which ends up duplicating a bunch of .o files but it's not too bad.

Ken