[Paraview] Adding a Filter

ALIZIER Julien AUSY julien.alizier-ausy at irsn.fr
Mon, 10 May 2004 09:13:00 +0200

Hi Michael,

For testing, you can load an external XML file in ParaView using the
"File/Import Package" menu.

If you want to load it dynamically at start up, you must set
PV_INTERFACE_PATH to point to the folder containing your *.xml files.
PV_INTERFACE_PATH has the following TCL syntax: (forward slashes and =
space
separated path sequence)
PV_INTERFACE_PATH=3D"C:/My plugin/autoloadxml" "C:/my second =
plugin/xml"

Once your xml file has been read succesfully, you should see your =
filter in
the filter menu.

The XML code into /ParaView/ParaView/Resources/Filters.xml is compiled =
into
a c++ file (or sthg like that) so it is not loaded at run-time.

(I use paraview 1.2.1)

HTH

-- Julien