[Paraview] Cluster with ParaView

Berk Geveci berk . geveci at kitware . com
22 Sep 2003 14:12:50 -0400

Here is a simple recipe:

1. Buy a cluster (I'd go for Unix or Linux instead of Windows but
that's my personal preference)
2. Install MPI (I use mpich)
3. Compile ParaView with MPI
4. Test ParaView with MPI. There might be some initial issues such
   as setting displays. Search through the mailing archives for hints.
   If you are stuck, ask the mailing list
5. Learn about the parallel data formats ParaView supports. I recommend
   using the new XML based formats.

-Berk