[Paraview] PVTK XML StructuredGridReader missing a method?

Jean M. Favre jfavre at cscs . ch
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 13:18:05 +0200

Dear all,

This is my first test with a real case of a Parallel XML Structured Grid
solution. Each *.vts file can be read individually without trouble.

ParaView run in client-server mode with 16 nodes fails to read my
parallel dataset element *.pvts with the following error.

Process id: 0 >> ERROR: In
/local/apps/ParaView/Widgets/vtkKWApplication.cxx, line 423
vtkPVApplication (0x80ddf48):
     Script:
set XMLPStructuredGridReader0Output1 [XMLPStructuredGridReader0 GetOutput 0]
     Returned Error on line 1:
Object named: XMLPStructuredGridReader0, could not find requested
method: GetOutput
or the method was called with incorrect arguments.

After checking things out, it seems that the culprit is the class
vtkXMLPStructuredGridReader, which unlike all the other vtkXMLP*
classes, is missing the non-default GetOutput(int idx) method. I use vtk
and paraview nightly and

vtkStructuredGrid * 	GetOutput (int idx)

seems to be missing.

I added it to my own source

vtkStructuredGrid* vtkXMLPStructuredGridReader::GetOutput(int idx)
{
   return static_cast<vtkStructuredGrid*>(this->Superclass::GetOutput(idx));
}

recompiled, and voila, it works.

Can the developpers verify I am not saying anything stupid and make the
correction?

Thanks
Jean

--
Dr. Jean M. Favre,                            email:favre at cscs . ch
http://www . cscs . ch/people/Favre . html