[Paraview] custom xml for vtkContourFilter

Axel Steuwer steuwer at ill . fr
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 12:46:58 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

in the same context, is there any way that the vtkProgrammableSource
of /Examples/Modelling/Python/reconstructSurface.py
can be wrapped/used in paraview? In particular,
the very handy snippet for reading xyz data.

# Read some points. Use a programmable filter to read them.
pointSource = vtk.vtkProgrammableSource()

def readPoints():
    output = pointSource.GetPolyDataOutput()
    points = vtk.vtkPoints()
    output.SetPoints(points)

    file = open(os.path.normpath(os.path.join(VTK_DATA_ROOT,
"Data/cactus.3337.pts")))

    line = file.readline()
    while line:
        data = string.split(line)
        if data and data[0] == 'p':
            x, y, z = float(data[1]), float(data[2]), float(data[3])
            points.InsertNextPoint(x, y, z)
        line = file.readline()

pointSource.SetExecuteMethod(readPoints)

This would be a handy input filter for ascii data points?

Axel