[Paraview] broken build (it seems)

Adam Ingram-Goble adamaig at cat . pdx . edu
Fri, 24 Oct 2003 12:15:28 -0700

still trying to build paraview complete on an aix 5.1 system.

I'm currently getting an error that while :
'Building object file vtkParse.tab.o ...
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .main'

Something is either hosed with my CMake config, or the makefile it
produces.  There are two things that I've tried.

1) specifying the xlc and xlC compilers (rather than the mpcc and mpCC
  ones) , but I'm not sure where to place the CXXFLAGS for the extra
includes/libraries i need to do an mpi build. I tried building the file
that was failing, by locally running gmake and it complained for each
of the things i'd put in CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS and CMAKE_C_FLAGS that
/bin/sh couldn't find them. The string i set each of the CMAKE_?_FLAGS
to was
-I/usr/lpp/ppe.poe/include;-lmpi;-lvtd;-L/usr/lpp/ppe.poe/lib;-L/usr/lpp/ppe.poe/lib/ip

2) just using the mpcc and mpCC compilers without any values specified
in CMAKE_?_FLAGS.

both approaches give me the error that '.main' is not found when
compiling ParaViewComplete/VTK/Wrapping/vtkWrapTcl.c when i run make
from within ParaViewComplete .

any help is most appreciated.

adam

  Adam Ingram-Goble CECS UG Advisor, TopDOG, and CS Tutor Coordinator
  Computer Action Team  www.cat.pdx.edu        503.725.2357
  adamaig at cat . pdx . edu  www.cat.pdx.edu/~adamaig  FAB 135-01 CC:
  support at cat . pdx . edu  for fastest response