[Paraview] vtk filters & xml

Axel Steuwer steuwer at ill . fr
Thu, 16 Oct 2003 07:17:28 +0200 (CEST)

hi there,

thanks for the help. here again for future references, to get the
vtkDelaunay3D filter working i did:

-define the extensions directory and setting the PV_INTERFACE_PATH
variable to the new directory
-added a file called myfilters.xml which contains:
<ModuleInterfaces>
<Module name="Delaunay3D" root_name="Delaunay3D" module_type="Filter">
  <Filter class="vtkDelaunay3D">
     <Input name="Input" class="vtkPointSet"/>
  </Filter>
  <InputMenu label="Input" help="Delaunay Triangulation"/>
  <VectorEntry variable="Tolerance" trace_name="Tolerance" type="float"
help="The tolerance" default_value="0.001" data_range="1.0"/>
  <VectorEntry variable="Alpha" trace_name="Alpha" type="float" help="The
Alpha value" default_value="2.0" data_range="10.0"/>
  <VectorEntry variable="Offset" trace_name="Offset" type="float"
help="The Offset value" default_value="2.5" data_range="10.0"/>
</Module>
</ModuleInterfaces>

however, i noticed that when i tried to save my filtered
data in vtk legacy (.vtk)  or unstructured grid (.vtu) file
format, paraview complained that the file name wasn't set,
if i tried to save it somewhere in "C:\program files\....",
but worked (frequent unix/w*dos problem?) if i save it in "C:\" directly.

cheers

axel