[Paraview] installing paraview

Berk Geveci berk . geveci at kitware . com
10 Oct 2003 09:46:59 -0400

ParaView does not compile with VTK 4.2.3. You have three options:

1. Download ParaView 1.0.2 from the web (or wait until next
week for ParaView 1.0.3). The distribution contains the right
versions of Tcl/Tk, VTK and ParaView (highly recommended)

2. Obtain the release version of ParaViewComplete through CVS
(recommended if you don't have access to http):

cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at www . paraview . org:/cvsroot/ParaView login
(respond with password paraview)

Follow this command by checking out the source code:
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at www . paraview . org:/cvsroot/ParaView co -r
ParaView-1-0 ParaViewComplete

3. Obtain the development version of ParaViewComplete (same
as above, except no -r ParaView-1-0) (not recommended since we
are making some big changes and the development version might
be unstable)

-Berk