[Paraview] Writing new readers for paraview

Jean M. Favre jfavre at cscs . ch
Thu, 09 Oct 2003 08:58:51 +0200

Berk Geveci wrote:
>>The same reader in ParaView only shows the first block, i.e. [reader
>>GetOutput 0].
>>
>>What is missing? I suspect that one more requirement to add to Berk's
>>list is that the reader should be able to return its number of Outputs
>>early on. Exactly when is my question. During ExecuteInformation?
>

> Actually, in the current implementation:
> 1. If using a ReaderModule, GetNumberOfOutputs() has to return the
> correct number even before ExecuteInformation() is called
> 2. If using AdvancedReaderModule, GetNumberOfOutputs() has to return the
> correct number after ExecuteInformation() is called
>
> I am changing this behaviour in the development branch. Both modules
> will call UpdateInformation() before GetNumberOfOutputs().

I can confirm to the list that the change made by Berk last night fixed
the problem. Writing readers should now be bullet-proof. :-)

Jean

--
Dr. Jean M. Favre,                            email:favre at cscs . ch
http://www . cscs . ch/people/Favre . html