[Paraview] failed build on AIX

Adam Ingram-Goble adamaig at cat . pdx . edu
Wed, 8 Oct 2003 14:37:10 -0700

Hi all!

  I'm trying to build VTK & ParaView on an IBM 690 and have run into
  several problems. If anyone has general help about working with AIX
  that would be appreciated, but the specific list of problems I've
  run into is:

  1) in building ParaViewComplete06 elements of the Wrapping code for
  tcl are missing.

  2) I get MPCI errors when trying to use the mpcc and mpCC_r
  compilers to take advantage of the multinode system I'm building on.

  I've tried the cvs version from this morning, but get similar
  errors.

  At this moment, I'm at a loss for what to do. I've just started
  using these tools, but it seems that cmake doesn't behave nicely on
  the system i'm using (not sure if this is term type problem or not).
  Also I'm not terribly savy with using and subsequently modifying the
  output of cmake.

  Any help is appreciated.

  Adam Ingram-Goble
  CECS UG Advisor, TopDOG, and CS Tutor Coordinator
  Computer Action Team  www.cat.pdx.edu        503.725.2357
  adamaig at cat . pdx . edu  www.cat.pdx.edu/~adamaig  FAB 135-01
  CC: support at cat . pdx . edu  for fastest response