[Paraview] Fw: Problems compiling and using the CVS

Ulfar Mani Fridjonsson ulfar . mani . fridjonsson at uni-c . dk
Wed, 1 Oct 2003 09:58:31 +0200

 Hi I'm trying to build ParaView using VS7 and I'm using the
 BUILD_SHARED_LIBS ON. I have compiled ParaView before succsesfully but
after
a recent CVS update I get the following problems
While Building H5detect. This does not prevent ParaView from beeing built
 succesfully.
 Compiling...
 H5detect.c
 c:\kitware\ParaView\Utilities\hdf5\H5private.h(212) : warning C4117: macro
 name '__FUNCTION__' is reserved, '#define' ignored
 --The same waring turns up alot when the vtkhdf5 is built

 My other problem is when I try to run ParaView I get the following error
 preventing ParaView from running:

 ERROR: In \kitware\ParaView\Widgets\vtkKWApplication.cxx, line 399
 vtkPVApplication (0A7248F8):
   Script:
 vtkPVGeometryFilter Geometry1
   Returned Error on line 1:
 invalid command name "vtkPVGeometryFilter"

 I can load the vtkKWParaViewTCL.dll manualy using the command "load
 vtkKWParaViewTCL.dll" but the vtkPVGeometryFilter does not load->
 The vtkPVGeometryFilter does not seem to come through the cvs update and
 when I download it manually+ the remainig vtkCTH...
 I get a ParaView only showing bounding boxes.
 I have done a couple of different CVS updats but nothing seems to work.
 So my question is: how can I get a working source for ParaView newer than
 the 06 version?

 I hope you can help me.
 Best regards Ulfar Fridjonsson