[Paraview] VRML reader in Paraview

nipedersen@grundfos.com nipedersen@grundfos.com
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 11:33:31 +0200

Hi

For the purpose of visualizing CFD- or experimentally generated velocity
vector data on top of a CAD-generated VRML-file (of a corresponding 3D
machine geometry), I need to figure out how to import VRML-files into
Paraview.

The 'features list' of Paraview says that any VTK filter can be added by
providing a simple XML description.

But, being new to both VTK, Paraview and XML, a simple example of such an
XML code would come very handy for me at this stage. If somebody has
experience in importing VRML-files into Paraview I would be happy to get
some hints.

I know that MayaVi is capable of importing/showing VRML-files, but it is my
impression that Paraview is generally more flexible.

Any hints are welcome,

Regards,

Nicholas Pedersen

Nicholas Pedersen, Ph.D.            Email: nipedersen@grundfos.com
Development Engineer                 Tel: +45 8750 4767 (direct)
Fluid Dynamic Engineering          Fax: +45 8750 1491
Grundfos Management A/S
Poul Due Jensens Vej 7
DK-8850 Bjerringbro